- 0707.July.SundayNo events
- 0808.July.MondayNo events
Get out and golf with a bunch of like minded ladies!! For fun, glory and prizes….http://kimberleygolfclub.ca/event/ladies-day-fundraiser/
Every year our Ladies Club does a fundraiser for a great cause. Stay tuned for more information on this years’ fun and fabulous fundraiser.
This is a longstanding golf league in the East Kootenay’s. Join us as a drop in or for all Wednesdays.
This event is for any one over 55. 2 person teams of any makeup welcome
- 1212.July.FridayNo events
Our hugely popular ‘Nine and Dine’ evenings are moving to Saturday’s this year!! Once a month we will host a different format as well. Long weekends these will be on Fridays.
KGC Handicap Information
KGC and BCGA / Golf Canada
The Kimberley Golf Club is a member club of the BC Golf Association (BCGA) and through this affiliation is also a member club of Golf Canada (formerly RCGA). The BCGA assesses the club for annual dues based on Full-status membership numbers. These dues cover the cost for the various programs and events run by the BCGA and Golf Canada, one of which is the Handicap system located on the Golf Canada website.
The Golf Canada Handicap is recognized by all Golf Canada afffiliated clubs for tournament play, and for events run by Golf Canada or provinical associations such as the BCGA.
KGC Membership Categories
Within the Kimberley Golf Club we have many different membership and associate categories. Note that the BCGA dues are treated differently depending on your membership type.
1) If you are a full-status member, your BCGA dues are assessed as part of your KGC membership dues. You automatically receive access to all programs offered by BCGA/Golf Canada. Full-Status members include Adult (Couples), Senior (Couples), Junior, Student, and Nine-hole membership categories.
2) If you are a member of another Golf Canada affiliated club in addition to KGC, please contact the club regarding exemption from BCGA dues. You should only be required to pay these dues once. You should designate which club is your primary club and pay your dues through the primary club.
3) If you are an Associate Member or Yard Card Holder, you are considered to be a limited status member of KGC. The club is not assessed by the BCGA for annual dues, so you do not automatically receive membership in the BCGA/Golf Canada. If you wish to obtain access to a Golf Canada handicap you must request membership into BCGA/Golf Canada and pay the relevant dues.
4) If you play under a corporate membership, you will need to notify the club if you require a Golf Canada handicap. Payment of BCGA dues may be required.
5) If you are a regular participant in the KGC Men’s night or a member of one of our Men’s Teams, you may have been assigned a Men’s Night Handicap. Note that this handicap is for use in Men’s night play or events affiliated with Men’s Night only. it is not recognized for tournament play at other clubs or for other KGC tournaments.
6) If you are a public player who wishes to play in tournaments at KGC or at other clubs, you will require a Golf Canada handicap. You should contact Golf Canada directly to acquire access to the handicap system and pay the relevant dues.
If you have any questions related to handicaps, please contact Director of Golf – Simon Jones.
Golf Canada Handicap Information
Equitable Stroke Control
Golf Canada to Institute Changes to Equitable Stroke Control
CURRENT EQUITABLE STROKE CONTROL
NEW EQUITABLE STROKE CONTROL
|0 or Plus Course Handicap||Maximum of 1 over par||9 or Less Course Handicap||Maximum of 2 over par|
|1-18 Course Handicap||Maximum of 2 over par||10-19 Course Handicap||Maximum score of 7|
|19-32 Course Handicap||Maximum of 3 over par||20-29 Course Handicap||Maximum score of 8|
|33 and over Course Handicap||Maximum of 4 over par||30-39 Course Handicap||Maximum score of 9|
|40 and Over Course Handicap||Maximum score of 10|