Hello fellas, welcome to the 2018 season! (With a blast from the past picture from the Kimberley Golf Club of a Men’s game of ‘Tic-tac-toe’ circa 1932!) The tournament/men’s committee, after reviewing the survey results, have come up with the following schedule for the season:
- June 6th: Stroke play, individual stableford
- June 13th: Shot gun start, 4 man “Puckster scramble” enter your own team or individuals will be found a team, if needed.
- June 20th: Stroke play
- June 27th: Stroke play- Tombstone tournament, back nine start.
- July 4th: 4-man teams (3 net best balls)
- July 11th: Stroke play
- July 18th: Shot gun-4 man scramble (players will enter ahead and be placed in four handicap groups, teams will be comprised of 1 player from each group) You’ll get to meet new people!
- July 25th: Stroke play
- August 1st: 2 man team shamble
- August 8th: Stroke play
- August 15th: Shot gun-2 man teams of 6,6,6 (Scramble, scotch ball, best ball)
- August 22nd: Stroke play
- August 29th: String tournament
- September 5th: Stroke play
- September 12th: Shot gun “Greensomes”
- September 19th: Stroke play
- September 26th: 2 man stableford
In regards to the Boyd/Hadad selection, we are going to implement a $10 entry fee, prior to the events, This will help offset the cost of entry, shirts, and to determine who is interested. Discussions are ongoing around the following:
2 spots from the Wood Valance, 4 spots from the club championship, and 2 spots from men’s night. These will be from 3 predetermined stroke play nights, and we would count your 2 best scores from those three nights. Competitors will be asked to putt out on those nights, as it is a competition. We are trying to include as many members as possible in the inclusion of this fun event.